VAT Advisory Services Ltd is first and foremost a provider of VAT consultancy services. Between them, our two principal consultants have over sixty years’ involvement in the tax and experience in just about every aspect of its complex workings.
A significant proportion of our work consists in the provision of ad hoc consultancy services to firms of professional advisers without their own internal VAT expertise, with an emphasis on concise and practical advice.
We also act for a variety of clients directly, from sizable property developers and construction companies, through owner-managed businesses, farms and estates, to charities of all sizes.
Among many other areas, we provide VAT advice in connection with:
- Property developments large and small
- Building conversions where the reduced rate of VAT may apply
- International transactions in goods and services
- Appeals and reconsiderations of assessments raised by HMRC
- Alternative dispute resolution meetings
- Charitable activities and charity reliefs
- Educational establishments
- Medical sector
- Finance and insurance
- Farming activities including diversification
- Landed estates
- Complex partial exemption situations
- DIY housebuilder and converter claims